Important: these instructions are for Windows only, binaries for Linux will be available soon. For Mac OSX, consider using homebrew for installing YARP and many iCub dependencies.
We distribute binary packages for YARP, iCub and all the dependencies required to compile them.
The latest releases of iCub and YARP are available for download. These packages also include all dependencies precompiled for specific compilers and take care of setting environment variables and PATH.
The typical user cases are:
- Getting precompiled versions of iCub and YARP, develop using libraries and tools
- Use iCub from svn but skip compilation of YARP and dependencies
- Using iCub and YARP from svn but skip compilation of dependencies
Instructions for installation are reported below.
The latest iCub package is iCub-1.1.3. Notice that this requires YARP-2.3.6.
Important: to develop code using precompiled binaries packages have to match the compiler you use, make sure you download and install the correct version. They are in separate directories ((e.g. msvc10, msvc9, for Microsoft Visual Studio 10, 9 etc...).
Packages are available from the following repositories:
Install precompiled versions of iCub and YARP
This is user case 1 above.
- Download the YARP installer according to the compiler you use. If you are not a developer you can select any of the available packages.
- Execute the YARP installer. Leave all the default options enabled unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- Download the iCub installer according to the compiler you use. If you are not a developer you can select any of the available packages.
- Execute the iCub installer. Leave all the default options enabled unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Install dependencies only and compile iCub and/or YARP from svn
This is user case 2 and 3 above.
If you want to compile YARP and iCub from svn just disable them in the installer options and proceed with the old compilation instructions. You can skip the installation of the dependencies because they are already installed by the installation program. Don't forget to set the environment variables YARP_DIR, ICUB_DIR and ICUB_ROOT and set the PATH.
Important: iCub binaries require that YARP binaries are also installed. If the iCub tick in disabled it means that YARP binaries were not installed in the system.