The canLoader application allows to flash the firmware of the dsp boards using the canbus interface.
It is also very useful to determine what boards are up and running.
The canLoader2.0 allows to either use plx canbus boards or esd canbus boards (actually any device implementing an ICanBus interface in YARP).
- Make sure you have the appropriate canbus device compiled in YARP read here.
- Unless if have not already done so, compile the canLoader (run cmake in $ICUB_ROOT/src/canLoader), compile the canLoade20 executable
- Run $ICUB_ROOT/src/canLoader/canLoader20/canLoader
- Select pcan or ecan devices in the text box (default is ecan).
- Select the can network you want to probe (0 to 4), and hit connect
You should see a list of boards that are available in the network you have selected, followed with the version of the firmware, the build number and a text decription. If a card is listed here it means that it was able to reply to the broadcast message from the canLoader (a good start).