This page lists the main changes introduced in each releases of the iCub software (icub-main). A similar page, for YARP, is maintained here
icub-main next release 1.1.18
- The following YARP methods have been deprecated:
- Several parameters used by parametericCalibrator has been renamed
- positionZero -> startupPosition
- velocityZero -> startupVelocity
- maxPwm -> startupMaxPwm
- posZeroThreshold -> startupPosThreshold
This commit renames all the parametricCalibrator parameters mentioned above. Please check and update all files modified locally in your system.
- iCubInterface executable has been removed from the repo. Robot users that are still using the old configuration files (.ini format) should contact email@example.com and ask for an update of their configuration files to the new format (.xml). The executable to be used to launch the robot is named yarprobotinterface.
- robotInterface executable has been deprecated in favor of yarpRobotInterface (moved to YARP repository). Important:
- Rename robotinterface.ini --> yarprobotinterface.ini in %ICUB_ROOT%/app/robots/<your_robot>.
- Modify robotinterface --> yarprobotinterface in %ICUB_ROOT%/app/iCubStartup/scripts/iCubStartup.xml
This commit modifies all files in the iCub-main repository. Please check and update all files modified locally in your system.
- parameter deviceId used in old versions of the analog wrapper xml files now generates an error. The parameter was already deprecated in the previous release, but robotInterface was allowed to continue, generating a warning. Now the wrapper will terminate if the new parameter "name", which substitutes the deprecated "deviceId" is not found. Example for a analog wrapper configuration file (icub-main\app\robots\iCubXXX01\wrappers\FT\left_arm-FT_wrapper.xml)
use: <param name="name"> /icub/left_arm/analog:o </param>
instead of: <param name="deviceId"> left_arm </param>