Linux:Installation from binaries
See list of supported distributions: YARP_Supported_Distributions.
Setting up your source list
NOTE: from YARP release 2.3.65 (where supported) the packages are signed.
- Add www.icub.org to your sources.list. Below, replace ubuntu with debian, depending on your system.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://www.icub.org/ubuntu `lsb_release -cs` contrib/science" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/icub.list' sudo apt update
- Update the list of packages.
sudo apt update
- Import the repository public key (only for signed packages - see above -, this must be done only once)
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 57A5ACB6110576A6
Starting from release 1.15.05 (25-FEB-2020) iCub packages need a recent version of cmake (at least 3.12). Where this version is not available (such as Ubuntu 18.04 bionic) when you try to install the icub-common package you'll see the following error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies: icub-common : Depends: ycm-cmake-modules but it is not going to be installed Depends: cmake (>= 3.12.0) E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
To solve the above issue, you need to add the official Kitware APT repository
Install the binaries
The following command
sudo apt install icub
installs the latest version of iCub and all the required dependencies (including YARP).
Check your installation
Now you are ready to check your installation.
If you just want to remove the yarp and icub binary packages and keep the icub-common package to compile yarp and icub from sources following the Linux:Installation_from_sources guide, please follow the steps in the Uninstall yarp and icub binary packages section.
If you want to remove everything installed with this guide, please follow the steps in the Uninstall yarp and icub binary packages and their dependencies section.
Uninstall yarp and icub binary packages
- Remove the binary installation of yarp and icub software package (useful to keep the icub-common package to compile yarp and icub from sources following the Linux:Installation_from_sources guide).
sudo apt remove yarp icub
Uninstall yarp and icub binary packages and their dependencies
- Remove the binary installation of iCub software package and its dependencies.
sudo apt remove yarp icub icub-common
- Remove the www.icub.org repository from your sources.list . If you added it following the instruction in this guide, simply remove the icub.list file from the /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory.
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/icub.list