Please populate this page with the name of the project, the name of the people that participate in the project and a short description of what the project aims to do and what individual people are planning to do within the group. A group can be made by an individual person or more.
It is important that everybody works towards something, no matter how simple or complex.
- Stephane: sensorimotor contingencies using SOMs that match other SOMs
Goal of the project:
Exploration of tools and objects affordances (in the context of Poeticon++)
People: Afonso, Lorenzo, Tanis, Vadim
Goal: Perform a set of actions on objects using tools, recording visual descriptors of tools, objects, and effects of the action.
Incremental Learning applications on iCub using the GURLS++ package
The goals of the project are the following:
- Implement a numerically stable incremental RLS update rule (cholupdate) in the GURLS++ framework.
- Already tested in MATLAB, replicating the work by Gijsberts et al.: ‘Incremental Learning of Robot Dynamics using Random Features’
- Design and develop a simple prototypical YARP module to serve as an interface with the robot
- Run an on-line inverse dynamics learner on the real robot
- The GURLS++ package (see http://lcsl.github.io/GURLS/index.html)
- Previous work on non-parametric learning of the inverse dynamics of the iCub arm by Arjan Gijsberts (see http://www.iit.it/images/images/icub-facility/docs/theses/gijsberts.pdf)