The summer school is held in Villa Hanbury, Ventimiglia, while the hotels are in Bordighera, a nearby town. We'll be running a bus to and from the school.
You will be staying at the hotel your name is listed under on the People page. That page has links to the hotels in case you wish to try to book extra days/guests. Unfortunately at this late stage we can't help with that; the hotel manager won't accept any more changes from us.
For trip planning, see: http://www.orariotrasporti.regione.liguria.it -- page available in Italian, English, and German.
- Nice in France is close (about 25 miles), and train service from there is quite good.
- Genoa in Italy is about 100 miles away.
- Milan in Italy is about 175 miles away.
There's a map here:
- To get train times to Ventimiglia or Bordighera, especially from starting points in Italy, see the TrenItalia website
- To get train times to Ventimiglia or Bordighera, especially from starting points in France, see the SNCF website
- Ventimiglia (Italian name) = Vintimille (French name)
- Nice (French name) = Nizza (Italian name)
- We have organized our own bus from the hotels in Bordighera to the school in Villa Hanbury.
- If you are using public transportation to get from the hotels to Ventimiglia and back again, use RivieraTrasporti bus line 2. See: http://www.rivieratrasporti.it/ for more information
- There's some information about the bus service from central Ventimiglia to Villa Hanbury (La Mortola stop) at http://www.amicihanbury.com/inglese/TrasportiEng.html