UPMC iCub project
The MACSi Project is a developmental robotics project based on the iCub humanoid robot. It is funded an as ANR Blanc project from 2010 to 2012.
Technical informations needed to run iCub in ISIR Lab
If you have your own pc-desktop or laptop and you want to install all the software you need for developing, running the simulator, and eventually test your applications on the robot, you may need to look at the iCub Manual. Just follow the instructions! If you need a more "verbose" guide to the installation, read here.
A list of the steps needed to run the robot is available and updated as often as possible:
- old configuration: here
- new configuration (full documentation is work in progress): here
- script files and demos: here
- libraries and environment variables: here
- parameters for cameras: here
- A short guide for installing iCub simulator in Ubuntu: pdf
If you want to know what happened to the iCub during these years, you can read this page.
- VES 2008. iCub in the ISIR-UPMC stand at the European city of Science expo, in Paris (see the video - with French comments)
- ICT 2008. iCub meets its cousin from IIT in Lyon
Acknowledgments for this guide: Serena Ivaldi, Camille Salaun, Guillame Sicard