UPMC iCub project
The MACSi Project is a developmental robotics project based on the iCub humanoid robot. It is funded an as ANR Blanc project from 2010 to 2012.
Technical information for the iCub users in ISIR Lab
Installing iCub on your pc
To install all the software you need for developing, running the simulator, and eventually test your applications on the robot, just follow the instructions on the iCub Manual.
- A more "verbose" guide to the installation, with pointers to the manual, is here
- A short guide for installing iCub simulator in Ubuntu: pdf
- Installing other libraries for iCub: here
If you want to know what happened to the iCub during these years, you can read this page.
- AERES visit 2012. iCub was shown to the AERES committee with a live demo
- Fete de la Science 2012. iCub performed for two days in October, during the Science festival organised by ISIR-UPMC
- Fete de la Science 2011. iCub performed for two days in October, during the Science festival organised by ISIR-UPMC
- CLAWAR 2011. iCub will be the focus of a workshop organized jointly with Clawar (see the website)
- VES 2008. iCub in the ISIR-UPMC stand at the European city of Science expo, in Paris (see the video - with French comments)
- ICT 2008. iCub meets its cousin from IIT in Lyon
Acknowledgments for this guide: Serena Ivaldi
The old page (before may 2011) is still available here: here