Difference between revisions of "VVV06"
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
Revision as of 16:14, 28 August 2006
Viki: The Veni Vidi Vici Wiki
Hello, good evening, and welcome to the Wiki for the RobotCub Summer School
The school is finished at this time, this site will be accessible for quite some time and will become part of the main RobotCub.org server at a certain point. Let's stay in touch. Farewell message, important!
- Motor control Documentation and classes and a short tutorial.
- Inertial Sensor now really truly available.
- A note on the arm joints
- New arm port Reading encoder values.
- Present your tracker This task is still active, please feel free to do it.
- Arm Control Controlling the arm of James.
- Open CV related tricks and alternatives OpenCV
- YARP Devices
- Useful code people are writing (feel free to add here):
- Grab images from opencv, put them on a port: see iCub/src/vvv/randaz/camera_driver
- DirectX SDK (for the game): see iCub/src/vvv/randaz/directX_maze
- Player/Stage driver for YARP Images (use of *all* P/S drivers that require a camera interface is now possible + you can now use your YARP images using any programming language that P/S supports ;): see iCub/src/vvv/rbrusumaldonad_playerstage-yarp-image_driver
- Driver for XSens MTx IMU for YARP2: see iCub/src/vvv/rbrusumaldonad_xsens-driver-patch
- Current tasks -- Task 2: The Kibitzer and Task 3: The Controller
- New ports on iCub -- updated Monday. Output your target in this format.
- Images from the Robot and how to do something with them image_sink example (bug on image_sink)
- Picture from Ravinder, Pictures from Assif,some more from day2/3, Pictures from Alexis, Pictures from Radu; Pictures from Eric: Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3
- Image class: ImageOf very basic drawing very basic image file read/write
- Class documentation: Port Bottle Thread Semaphore BufferedPort
- The "yarp" command documentation
- RAI3 (TG3) last friday TV report (19:40) - File1[File2]
- Places to see this weekend - some info if you want to be a tourist ;)
- yarpview output mouse press - how to get the position of a mouse click from yarpview
- Jerky images?
- Renaud's image viewer - "yayarpview: yet another yarpview" - a new viewer without GTK dependencies
- Integrating external libraries -- gives tips for OpenCV integration
- Some multicast problems - Mac OSX and mcast
- Adding your project to iCub
- Notes on CVS: RobotCub repository
- cvs/wincvs tricks, how to get new directories
- Notes on The Game
- SWIG on Mac OS X
- There are many examples in your YARP source directory, subdirectory example/os
- YARP home page
- Notes shown on Monday: YARP Ports
- Common CMake problems
- simple sender and receiver example code from Monday
Who and Where
- See the list of People who'll be at the school, and where they'll be staying.
- See information about Travel to the school.
- Daily Schedule
- Local Account information
Our first goal is to get make sure by the time people come to the school, they have a comfortable development environment that is sufficient for the tools we are going to use.
At the school, we'll be asking students to carry out a series of mini-projects of expanding complexity. For the curious, we're starting to summarize them here.
- Task 1: The Game
- Task 1.1: The Game with images
- Task 1.2: Present yourself
- Task 2: The Kibitzer
- Task 2.1: Present your tracker
- Task 3: The Controller
- Task 4: The Coordinator
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.