Welcome to the 4th RobotCub Summer School, VVV09!
To edit this and other page, you'll need a username/password. Username: VVV09. Password: the first word in the name of the town in which the school will take place; all lower case; “s****i”.
Got nice photos? Please post them / link to them at VVV09 Photos.
- VVV09 Control Gazers Group
- VVV09 Manipulation Group
- VVV09 visual attention
- VVV09 Locomotion group
- VVV09 Cognitive Architecture Group
- VVV09 The lonely affording Group
- The I Hate Inverse Kinematics Group of One
- VVV09 The 3D Task Force Action Duo
- The Vision - Locomotion Coordination Duo
- VVV09 Blenderheads
Day -2 (Tuesday)
- Adding Blender+YARP demos in "tutorials" subdirectory of this repository:
- To get them, install "bzr" and do:
bzr branch lp:~blender-for-robotics/openrobots-simulator/blender-yarp
- iCub scheduling: Scheduling7
Day -3 (Monday)
- If you or your group would like to demo something today or in the days remaining, that would be great. Please just call everyone over to see (if at a robot), or present at the projector. Please be sure to send someone around to invite people working in other rooms or on the patio!
- iCub scheduling: Scheduling6
- Any interest on a Mac user mailing group for yarp/icub/...? robotcub-mackers? mac-bots?
Day 6 (Saturday)
- Update of Manipulation group. We tested the grasping. See Group Page for Details, Video and Pictures.
- Please prepare for group updates after coffee (update wiki, or prep a demo if you're feeling ambitious).
- Half day today! We work until lunch, eat lunch, then school closes (officially).
- Sunday is a free day. No school. Dinner as usual at Mira.
Day 5 (Friday)
- Laundry information (see bottom of page).
- VVV09 Locomotion group have posted demo videos.
- Please let us know if you are NOT attending Dinner 24th
- iCub scheduling: Scheduling5
|Note to Philipp Robbel: (missed school due to poorly-timed illness, and says he is following the website with sadness). We are all very nearly miserable here, it is raining very nearly all the time, the robots are very nearly not working at all, the sea is very nearly an uncomfortable temperature, really you don't need to scroll down any further to understand how miserable we all are and how you are not missing anything! Seriously, the school is that bit worse off without you: maybe next year?|
Day 4 (Thursday)
- Obligatory server outage.
- Group update.
- Automatic installation of iCub Software
- Anyone interested in a friendly game of StarCraft tonight? VVV09_StarCraft List
Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Blender for Robotics - placeholder for a tutorial.
- Development projects: VVV09 Cognitive Architecture Components
- Groups / projects update: VVV09 Ideas, VVV09_Manipulation_Group, VVV09 visual attention
- Reseating to bring start-up groups together?
- Anyone not having dinner, please let us know Dinner 22nd
- Third day scheduling: 3rdScheduling
Day 2 (Tuesday)
- Improved YARP and iCub software installation instructions: check the manual Installation Instructions
- the VVV09 visual attention and the VVV09_Manipulation_Group groups are forming.
- iCub scheduling: Scheduling
- iCub software and interface tutorials: iCub Tutorials
- self-introduction: VVV09 Participants.
- dinner tonight, please tell us by noon whether you're not going to be at the MIRA: Dinner 21st
Day 1 (Monday)
- Settle in, visit RobotCub meeting if you like.
- Add yourself to the VVV09 Participants, for self-introductions to the group tomorrow (Tuesday).
- VVV09 Ideas - please add or vote for project, group, and tutorial suggestions.
- If you want to use the iCub, talk to Alessandro and Ugo. When needed, we'll have a scheduling page for allocating robot time, VVV09RobotScheduling.
- Some laundry advice from last year's participants, don't know if this is still valid: laundry service 8Kg of clothes to wash and dry in 1 hour for 7 euro (soap is free), click here for directions from Hotel Mira
- Verified by Noemi--it's still there. Wash is 4 euro for up to kg, plus 1 euro for soap. Dry is 3 euro.
- Telefone Cards for international calling can be bought at tabacco shops (the shops with the big black & white "T" outside). Usually you get 500min talking for 5€. But this is just a theoretical value, as international calls are more expensive and they cut some minutes for each connection.