- Wiki public editing information: username "vvv12" and password "s*str*" with the first star replaced with "e" and the last star replaced with "i".
Day 10 (Friday)
- Farewell dinner at Polpo Mario in Sestri Levante. Directions will be provided.
- Click here for the menu.
Day 5 (Monday)
- 10:00 - Group updates
- 11:00 - Tutorial: cartesian & gaze interfaces (finally :) slides+code.
- 15:00 - Basic overview of iKart (the mobile platform): Hw & Sw
- 15:30 - iKart Navigation: YARP + ROS
Sunday FREE DAY
- No school on Sunday!! You can go to the beach or visit Cinque Terre .
- ...or play Starcraft? See VVV11_Starcraft ==> What about playing League Of Legends for a change ? We can create a VVV ranked team :) About Starcraft we need the ISO, Kathrin ?
Day 4 (Saturday)
- 10.15: Tutorial: The RFModule class
- News for groups: on Monday morning there will be a "group update" session. We invite everyone/each group to give a short presentation on what is planning to do during the remaining days of the school.
- School closes after lunch. Given today's weather you are welcome to stay.
- People who have left missed the samouraï-cub (Check/Upload your pics here ;) )
- Concert at the summer school venue! Free entrance for the students.
Seeking a Kinect
Mike Ciaraldi is seeking a Kinect to use during the summer school and possibly take home. UPDATE: Silvio has offered to buy one for me this weekend.
Day 3 (Friday)
- Kinect software here: http://192.168.0.13/vvv12/
- 10:00 - Tutorial: gyarpmanager yarpmanager.zip
- 10:00 - 10:30 black or white iCub. emoBot is playing a little bit with the robot.
- 11:00 - Tutorial: basic motor control iCub-tracker-withppt.zip
- 14:15 - PyCub group initial meeting and demo
- 15:00 - VVV12/EFAA group internal update meeting.
- 17:30 ish . emoBot is updating itself and hopefully shows some demos of past work
Day 2 (Thursday)
- Self introduction. Everybody's invited! (don't forget to add yourself to the page: VVV12 Participants)
- 11.30 and 12.15 Tutorials: YARP basics and YARP image processing yarp-basics.zip
- 15:00 Tutorial: EFAA, overview of the architecture
- 16:30 Initial meeting of emoBot group
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- Giorgio's introduction.
- Did you add yourself to the participants' page? VVV12 Participants
- Forming groups Groups VVV12
- 14.15: Kail and Juxi shamelessly promote their Modular Behavioral Framework (MoBeE)
- Part of the EU Project IM-CLeVeR
- Mixes behavioral contributions from Motion Planning / Feedback Control / Computer Vision modules
- Provides (currently available) reflexive collision response
- Proxies any planner/controller
- Tutorial: CMake basics cmake-vvv12.zip
Welcome to the school!
- Schedule of tutorials and talks vvv12-schedule
- Official school site - http://eris.liralab.it/summerschool2012
- For a flavor of what is to come, see last year: VVV11
- Official school receipt: please ask Giorgio about your official receipt of the registration fee.
- Travel to Sestri Levante - tips for getting to the school. And remember, the school is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop)
For editing this wiki, you can ask for your own username/password (email lorenzo.natale [AT] iit.it to get an account) or use the username "vvv12" and password "s*str*" with the first star replaced with "e" and the last star replaced with "i".
Courses/tutorials/events proposed by participants:
- Beginner Course on how to start up working with the iCub robot and use the system for experiments/studies
- VVV12/EFAA Working group related to the EFAA european project.
Here are summer schools from previous years: