This website uses browsing/session and functional cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Learn More
- Comment your staying at hotel Due Mari on Trip Advisor
- Wiki public editing information: username "vvv12" and password "s*str*" with the first star replaced with "e" and the last star replaced with "i".
- You can check and upload (compromising) photos there: Photo ^_^
- Groups entry point
- VVV12 Participants
Day 10 (Friday)
- 11:00: Talk by Hagen Lehmann (Adaptive Systems Research Group at the University of Hertfordshire, http://homepages.feis.herts.ac.uk/~hl10aaj/)
- 16.30: Group final presentations and demonstrations. Don't be shy show to everyone what you have done at the school. Please sign up for demonstrations: List of demonstrations (check the page of emoBot for a youtube comming soon of what you were supposed to see :) !-> done )
- Farewell dinner at Polpo Mario in Sestri Levante, at 8pm. Directions: here!.
- Click here for the menu.
Day 9 (Thursday)
- 11:00 Talk: Fabrizio Smeraldi -- Thermodynamics of computer security
- 15:00 (was 14:00 :D) Tutorial: Francesco Nori -- Force Control on the iCub slides+code
- Important: we are still missing people for tomorrow's dinner, please register before 10.30.
Day 8 (Wednesday)
- The end of the school is approaching try to plan a demonstration for Friday.
- Try to be on time for dinner tonight because there will be music again.
Day 7 (Tuesday)
- 11:00 Talk by Marc Hanheide TalkHanheide slides
- 14.45 Talk by Ali Paikan: Composition, Coordination and Deployment tools for YARP
Sally Ride, the first American woman in space (and second woman overall, to Valentina Tereshkova of the USSR) has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 61.
Day 6 (Monday)
- Code from Saturday's tutorial on RFModule has been uploaded iCub-tracker-module-vvv12.zip. See also this link: http://eris.liralab.it/iCub/main/dox/html/icub_tutorial_module.html
- 10:00 - Group updates
- 11:45 - Tutorial: cartesian & gaze interfaces (finally :) slides+code.
- 15:00 - Basic overview of iKart (the mobile platform): Hw & Sw slides
- 15:30 - iKart Navigation: YARP + ROS
Day 5 (Sunday) FREE DAY
- No school on Sunday!! You can go to the beach or visit Cinque Terre .
- ...or play Starcraft? See VVV11_Starcraft ==> What about playing League Of Legends for a change ? We can create a VVV ranked team :) About Starcraft we need the ISO, Kathrin ?
Day 4 (Saturday)
- 10.15: Tutorial: The RFModule class iCub-tracker-module-vvv12.zip
- News for groups: on Monday morning there will be a "group update" session. We invite everyone/each group to give a short presentation on what is planning to do during the remaining days of the school.
- School closes after lunch. Given today's weather you are welcome to stay.
- People who have left missed the samouraï-cub (Check/Upload your pics here ;) )
- Concert at the summer school venue! Free entrance for the students.
Day 3 (Friday)
- Kinect software here: http://192.168.0.13/vvv12/
- 10:00 - Tutorial: gyarpmanager yarpmanager.zip
- 10:00 - 10:30 black or white iCub. emoBot is playing a little bit with the robot.
- 11:00 - Tutorial: basic motor control iCub-tracker-withppt.zip
- 14:15 - PyCub group initial meeting and demo
- 15:00 - VVV12/EFAA group internal update meeting.
- 17:30 ish . emoBot is updating itself and hopefully shows some demos of past work
Day 2 (Thursday)
- Self introduction. Everybody's invited! (don't forget to add yourself to the page: VVV12 Participants)
- 11.30 and 12.15 Tutorials: YARP basics and YARP image processing yarp-basics.zip
- 15:00 Tutorial: EFAA, overview of the architecture
- 16:30 Initial meeting of emoBot group
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- Giorgio's introduction.
- Did you add yourself to the participants' page? VVV12 Participants
- Forming groups Groups VVV12
- 14.15: Kail and Juxi shamelessly promote their Modular Behavioral Framework (MoBeE)
- Part of the EU Project IM-CLeVeR
- Mixes behavioral contributions from Motion Planning / Feedback Control / Computer Vision modules
- Provides (currently available) reflexive collision response
- Proxies any planner/controller
- Tutorial: CMake basics cmake-vvv12.zip
Welcome to the school!
- Schedule of tutorials and talks vvv12-schedule
- Official school site - http://eris.liralab.it/summerschool2012
- For a flavor of what is to come, see last year: VVV11
- Official school receipt: please ask Giorgio about your official receipt of the registration fee.
- Travel to Sestri Levante - tips for getting to the school. And remember, the school is BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop)
For editing this wiki, you can ask for your own username/password (email lorenzo.natale [AT] iit.it to get an account) or use the username "vvv12" and password "s*str*" with the first star replaced with "e" and the last star replaced with "i".
Courses/tutorials/events proposed by participants:
- Beginner Course on how to start up working with the iCub robot and use the system for experiments/studies
- VVV12/EFAA Working group related to the EFAA european project.
Here are summer schools from previous years: