Windows: installation from binaries
We distribute binary packages for YARP, iCub and all the dependencies required to compile them.
The latest releases of iCub and YARP are available for download. These packages also include all dependencies pre-compiled for specific compilers and take care of setting environment variables and PATH.
Get the latest iCub and YARP packages for Windows from: YARP: http://eris.liralab.it/yarp/downloads/yarp2/windows/
Important: to develop code using precompiled binaries packages have to match the compiler you use, make sure you download and install the correct version. They are in separate directories (e.g. msvc10, msvc9, for Microsoft Visual Studio 10, 9 etc...).
- If in doubt about the version number of your copy of Visual Studio, find the internal version number shown for it in this version history table.
- Download the YARP installer according to the compiler you use. If you are not a developer you can select any of the available packages.
- Execute the YARP installer. Leave all the default options enabled unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- Download the iCub installer according to the compiler you use. If you are not a developer and you do not have Visual Studio installed you can select any of the available packages.
- Execute the iCub installer. Leave all the default options enabled unless you know exactly what you are doing.