YARP Supported Distributions
NOTE: THIS PAGE IS A DRAFT --Daniele.Domenichelli@iit.it 11:35, 19 November 2012 (CET)
In order to reduce the effort to maintain all the releases supported by Debian and Ubuntu, YARP supports officially only a limited number of releases. This policy is intended to support a good amount of releases, but, at the same time, to enable developers to use newer features in the dependencies (by supporting all the releases we would be bound to ~5 years old versions)
These are the releases supported:
- Debian testing
- Supported always.
- Debian stable
- Supported always.
- Debian oldstable
- Supported only for either 3 or 6 months after a stable release (i.e. starting when the old "stable" becomes "oldstable"), in order to give some time to the users to upgrade their system.
- Ubuntu short term releases
- Supported only until Canonical supports them.
- Ubuntu long term releases
- Only the latest one is supported. When a new long term release is released, we support the previous one for either 3 or 6 extra months, in order to give some time to the users to upgrade their system.
- All the other releases
- Not supported
Dropping support doesn't mean that the next releases won't necessarily build on that specific version, but:
- If we need a newer version for a package, we upgrade it.
- We don't supply .deb packages of newer releases for those versions.
- We remove the build machines for that release from the dashboard.
|Debian||8||Jessie (next-testing)||Not yet officially supported|
|Ubuntu||13.04||Raring Ringtail||Not yet officially supported|
|Ubuntu||12.04 LTS||Precise Pangolin|
This is a list of releases no longer supported in trunk, with the latest YARP version officially supported.
Note that you might be able to build newer versions, but you will probably need to build some dependencies as well.
|Distribution||Version||Codename||Last YARP Version Supported||Notes|
|Debian||4||Etch||2.3.20||CMake 2.6.0 or newer must be installed manually|
|Ubuntu||10.04 LTS||Lucid Lynx||2.3.20|
|Ubuntu||8.04 LTS||Hardy Heron||2.3.20||Backport repository required|