This website uses browsing/session and functional cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Learn More
Course on how to start up working with the iCub robot and use the system for experiments/studies
This course is focusing on researchers with little knowledge about the iCub robot and with few programming skills. The course will start with a simple "Howto use Yarp" and "Howto start up the robot", followed by an introduction on using the Motor GUI and other given software tools. We will also create a startup tool for a user studie with a simple robot behavior.
There will be a discussion on what else is needed to make it easier to use the iCub as a interaction partner in a naive user study. We will also show how to create a "Wizard of Oz" system structure for the iCub.
- day 1: Install software and get to know yarp and the iCub simulator.
- day 2: How to start up and use the real robot.
- day 3: Create a startup tool (xml based script) with a simple robot behavior.
- day 4: Discussion about what is needed in naive user studies/improvements.
- day 5 - end: Form groups and start to integrate a "Wizard of Oz" system structure for the iCub.