Read gurls installation instructions
These are the installation instructions for GURLS, please follow them if you want to follow the tutorial.
In order to get prepared I invite you to install the library.
Note that the installation process will require some time, due to external dependencies, download and compilation time, so better be ready for tomorrow morning tutorial!
The library can be downloaded at: http://lcsl.mit.edu/repository/GURLS.zip
installation on LINUX
First of all
- if you don't have cmake
do $ sudo apt-get install cmake cmake-curses-gui
- if you don't have gfortran
do $ sudo apt-get install gfortran unzip the file GURLS.zip in FOLDER $ cd FOLDER/GURLS $ mkdir build $ cd build $ ccmake ..
(Note that both GURLS_USE_EXTERNAL_BLAS_LAPACK and GURLS_USE_EXTERNAL_BOOST are set to On, don't change them if you don't want to use your own version of the libraries.)
Now press c and then g
$ make $ sudo make install
Installation on Windows
- Install cmake and run cmake-gui
- set source code path to FOLDER/GURLS
- set build path to FOLDER/GURLS/build or any folder you want
- press Configure and select your Visual Studio version
- press Configure again until no red options are shown anymore
(Note that both GURLS_USE_EXTERNAL_BLAS_LAPACK and GURLS_USE_EXTERNAL_BOOST are set to On, don't change them if you don't want to use your own version of the libraries; note that the external libraries shipped are tested with Windows 7/8 64 Bit with Visual Studio 2012/2010.)
Note also that Boost will be built in debug version, if you want to change it, set "BOOST_Variant" to "release".
- press Generate
- open the VS project generated in the build folder and compile whole solution
- in order to run the demo .exe files, you will need to add the bin folder of your build path to system path, or to move the .dll files that you can find there into the .exe folder
On both platforms
Please try to run the helloworld demo project, to confirm that the installation process completed smoothly!
(more on the guide in the zipfile: note that the manual is not updated yet with latest changes, made for this hands on tutorial, so some some things could be different! but general information should help solve any problem you encounter.)
for any problem contacts:
andrea.schiappacasse __AT __ camelotbio.com
alessandro.rudi __AT__ gmail.com