Using a shared simulator
From Wiki for iCub and Friends
If you want to connect to a simulator on someone else's computer at the school, do the following:
- Agree on a name you think noone else will pick (say "/sim91") then on both computers do:
yarp namespace /sim91
- (for the simulator on the projector, use the name "/simulator01")
- On one machine, run a yarp server
- (the projector computer is already running a server)
- If you have a wired connection, just do "yarp where"; if wireless, you need to find out the IP address (say 192.168.1.XXX) of the machine the yarp server is running on, and place that in the location reported by "yarp conf". So type:
- and edit/create this file so that it contains:
- (the project computer currently runs on 192.168.1.118)
- A good response is something like:
Name server /simulator01 is available at ip 192.168.1.118 port 10000 Name server /simulator01 can be browsed at http://192.168.1.118:10000/
yarp name list
- A good response includes lots of ports with "/icubSim" in their name.
- Now you should be able to use the simulator as if it were on your machine.